Southern Delaware's numerous ponds and rivers are perfect for canoeing and kayaking. Naturalist-led canoe outings are regularly offered through several of the state parks. More than seven miles of canoe trails run through the Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge. On the western side of the county, the Nanticoke River and its tributaries provide miles of calm waters. Canoe and kayak rentals are available at the state parks, or contact one of the Chambers of Commerce for local rental businesses. Most towns feature canoe launch points. If you've always wanted to try stand up paddle boarding (SUP) or wind surfing, take a lesson with Delmarva Board Sport Adventures. You will have a blast out on the water!
To arrange professionally guided tours and rentals, contact:
- Bethany Surf Shop I 302.539.6400 I Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Kayaks, Surfboards, Canal & Ocean Tours
- Coastal Kayak | 302.539.7999 | Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Kayak Rentals, Sailboat Rentals, School of Costal Kayaking
- Delmarva Board Sport Adventures | 301.651.0542 | Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Wind Surfing, SUP Yoga on the water, Sunset Trips
- Delaware State Parks | 877.98.PARKS
- ECOBAY Kayaking Adventures | 302.841.2722 | Kayak Rentals, Tours focused on Inland Bays, Sunset Trips, Picnic Lunch on the Beach
- Quest Fitness and Kayak | 302.644.7020 | Kayak Rentals and Tours